The National Board for Certification of School Nurses (NBCSN) endorses the concept of voluntary certification by examination for all school nurses. Professional certification in school nursing provides an ongoing, quality credentialing process for eligible school nurses. Certification represents a national standard of preparation, knowledge, and practice. To assist with this recognition, the NBCSN provides the opportunity for school nurses to set the standards for their specialty area through voluntary professional certification.
NBCSN Liaisons play an important role of supporting NBCSN certification:
- Serves as a resource on certification;
- Promotes certification;
- Participates in state activities with the NBCSN information; and
- Serves as a Liaison between state and the NBCSN Board of Directors.
View the NBCSN directory of Liaisons to find and/or contact Florida's NBCSN Liaisons.
NCSN of the Year Recognition Awards
NCSNs who have promoted certification and professional school nursing as well as enhanced competency in school nursing can be nominated for the NCSN Recognition Award.
Learn more about this recognition award and access the application form.
School Nursing Certification Review
School Nursing: A Comprehensive Text
The most complete school nursing text! Now in its 3rd Edition. What's new in this edition?
- Includes the Framework for 21st Century School Nursing PracticeTM.
- Continuous quality improvement added to the chapter on the school nurse role in research and evidence-based practice.
- Refocused chapter on school nurse collaboration includes community partnerships.
- Refocused chapter on cultural congruence in school nursing practice.
- Expanded section on children with special healthcare needs.
© 2019 Paperback 1008 pages. Click here.